Pack your bags and explore Munnar
Lets escape to one of the most alluring places of Kerela that is Munnar, this is small and soothing place where one can find amazing views it is the place which is located at 1600m above the sea level. This place offers you with Sprawling tea plantations, picturesque towns, winding lanes and holiday facilities make this a popular resort town. Among the exotic flora found in the forests and grasslands here is the Neelakurinji.
This amazing place has many hidden gems in it that are must visit we will discuss all of them one by one below:-
- Eravikulam National Park:- this place is very famous among the tourists because it has one of the endangered inhabitant of the Nilgari Tahar, it is home for several rare butterflies, animals and birds. This place is a very good place for trekking and it becomes little hot at the time when hill slopes get covered with beautiful blue flowers of neelakurunji.
- Anamudi peak:- this peak is located inside the Eravikulam park it is the highest peak of South India, tourists have to take the permission for trekking on this peak from the forest and wildlife department of Eravikulam park.
- Mattupetty:- This place is located at 13km away from Munnar, this place is famous for boating wich enables the tourists to enjoy the views of hills it is also near to the Masonry dam, Mattupetty’s fame is also attributed to the dairy farm run by the Indo-Swiss Livestock Project, where one can encounter different high yielding breeds of cows.
- Pallivasal:- It is located 3km from Chithirapuram in Munnar, it is the place that has witnessed the first hydrolic project of Kerala, it is a famous picnic spot.
- Chinnakanal & Anayriangal:- This place is famous for there waterfalls which are located 2000m above the sea level and this spot is enriched with a scenic view of the Western Ghat ranges. When you have traveled about seven kilometers from Chinnakanal, you reach Anayirangal. Anayirangal, 22 km from Munnar, is a lush green carpet of tea plants. A trip on the splendid reservoir is an unforgettable experience.
The top station is located about 32 km from munnar at the height of 1700m above the sea level, Travellers to Munnar make it a point to visit Top Station to enjoy the panoramic view it offers of the neighbouring state of Tamil Nadu. It is among the prime spots in Munnar to enjoy the Neelakurinji flowers blooming over a vast area.
Munnar has a legacy of serving the people with the purest form of tea that is grown in the beautiful farms of Munnar, there is a special museum to showcase this treasure to the people out there, This Tea Museum houses artifacts, photographs and machineries; all of which have a story to tell about the origins and growth of tea plantations in Munnar. The museum is located at the Nallathanni Estate of Tata Tea in Munnar and is worth a visit.
How to reach here
Nearest railway station: Aluva about 108 km and Angamali, about 109 km
Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport, via Aluva – Munnar Rd, about 108 km
Take out some time from your busy schedule and visit this alluring place that will rejuvenate your soul and will make you fall in love with nature’s beauty, the pleasant weather with amazing water falls and hill tops will surely leave you mesmerized, this place is worth the visit everyone should give it a shot and will eventually end up enjoying a peaceful holiday for sure. Pack your bags and explore this hidden gem.